stut-it Martin Stut - Information Technology Tailored to You
I am striving to let Jesus Christ shape the values I’m working by. Therefore
- I’ll tell you up front what time and cost you need to expect and in what areas my estimation is uncertain.
- I’ll look for solutions that offer you the best effort-utility ratio, not the most revenue for me.
- I’ll cooperate fully if e.g. you want to switch away from me to a different provider.
- I’ll tell you not only the advantages, but also the disadvantages of several options.
- I’ll tell you not only what I can do, but also what I cannot do (well).
- I’ll tell you early on when trouble, e.g. delay or a programming bug, is about to arise.
Some solutions turn out to be less than perfect in the long run. Therefore
- I tend to offer simple solutions, that cover 70 % of the features with 10 % of the effort, but do work predictably and reliably.
- I make sure you’ll stay independent of vendors, which often leads to open source solutions.
- I care about the effort to replace the system 5 or 15 years from now.
Christian organizations often have to get along with a very small budget. Therefore
- I tend to prefer low cost open source solutions.
- I charge different hourly rates depending on the funding mode of the customer.
I’m operating stut-it alone, besides a long term, part-time employment. Therefore
- I cannot assure quick response times (1-3 days rather than 2-4 hours).
- I may be unreachable for some periods of time, e.g. during business trips, vacation or sickness.
- I prefer email or messengers (Threema, Telegram, Skype) to the telephone as a method of communications.